Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp with a scoop of Ice cream 



This is a healthy dessert I can say, as there's oats, brown sugar and apple in there , what else needed to make it more healthy.Soccer man said he's not interested even in tasting this dessert as he didn't like its look, I must confess even I didn't like it when I first made it  but believe me it taste good and different too. Thank God my NA didn't judge this dessert by its looks , she tried it first because the ice cream attracted her but then when she had it ,  to my surprise, she told me to give her more ....Mommy Happy....Happy Mommy 

Ingredients 

Tried it with just 2 normal red  apple's : actually there  are specific apple's for baking/cooking but I didn't know that till yesterday.
Brown sugar 3 table spoon  
Cinnamon powder -1/4 tsp
Nutmeg - freshly grated -1/4 tsp (Optional) 
Orange juice & zest of 1/2 orange 

For the topping 


Oats- 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Butter - 3/4 cup (chopped in to cubes) 
Sugar - 3/4 cup (I used brown sugar )

Method 

Pre heat the oven to 375 degree F 

* Chop the apple in to small pieces (the original recipe says to slice these apple to medium pieces)  , mix 3 table spoon brown sugar , cinnamon , nutmeg (if you are using it) orange zest and juice , toss all the ingredients to completely coat the apple pieces. Arrange these to a medium size casserole dish or any baking dish.

* In an other bowl , combine flour , sugar and butter , mix using your fingers (the best kitchen tool)  , mashing them until crumbly , the butter shouldn't melt here , it should be like crumbs , add oat meal and toss , if the mixture looks dry sprinkle little water , better if its apple cider. 

*Sprinkle the mixture on top of the apple. and Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.


And now I know there is no point in judging things by its look !! 













No comments:

Post a Comment