Friday, December 6, 2013

Chicken Tandoori Fry/Baked

Chicken lovers , this one is for you , an easy and very tasty dish I can assure.Any thing fried is going to taste good ,  though frying is not a good idea for those who want to reduce their weight or who are in a diet check. To enjoy this recipe guilt free do try baking these chicken piece's after shallow frying these at first, it taste good but you'll miss the crispness.The best option is Grilling these , that gives the better than the best results for this recipe.
I fried these this time as we had some guest coming over and to balance this dish I made a big plate of salad as you see in this picture , even took a picture of it before I kept the salad plate in the fridge  but then when the guest arrived I forgot to serve them the salad with the chicken & you know what I still have it in my fridge, when I told my "Soccer man" to help me finish it he replied  " He's not a cow !! "



Anyway the key point is in marinating , if you marinate it over night , Good , if you can't then keep these marinated at least an hour. I came across this Tandoori masala in the Indian store here , if its available in your place ,give it a try , you won't be disappointed.


Ingredients 

Chicken Pieces  - 1/2 a kg  (I used the boneless pieces, otherwise it takes more time to cook) 
Tandoori Masala - 2 Table spoon 
Chili Powder       - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste - 3 Table spoon 
Curd   -  1/4 cup
Vinegar - 1 Table spoon or use juice of one lime.
Onion    - 1 Big 
Salt to taste
Oil for Frying 

Method ,
Marinate the chicken pieces with all the ingredients leaving the Onion , marinate it at least an hour
Deep fry these until well cooked 
Fry the onions in the left over oil and top the fried chicken pieces with these and enjoy

For those who are health conscious 

Shallo fry the chicken pieces in a non stick pan , just to cook the outer part of the chicken, 
transfer the pieces to a oven proof dish along with the oil and and bake it covered  in 350 degree F for an hour.
NB Do not forget to prick the aluminium foil with fork or an knife , so that the vapor may escape or else may end up with  " chicken in water  " as the water from the chicken drains out and fills the dish , have experienced this many times , but then what I do was to bake the chicken open for another 15 mints so that the water gets dried up.
Arrange the chopped onion on top of the chicken and bake it uncovered for 10 mints.



No comments:

Post a Comment