Monday, June 16, 2014

Cauliflower & Carrot Thoran/ Stir Fry with Coconut


Since Summer started and our Sun just can't wait to wake up,
myself like all others are happy to step out of the house, enjoy nature ,walk around , spend time with kid outside, but I know my Blog is now in the back seat.....working on it though :)
I am yet to develop the skill of multitasking....Like every home makers I also do it but at the end of the day there is some satisfaction lacking,
but then I remember my Achachen (Dad) used to advice me "To do one thing at a time " always to get the perfect result.


Thanks to the site which uploaded such a consoling Quote by Swami Vivekananda :)

This week NA is full time at home as its her summer break and am busy answering questions all the time , sometimes  if I am doing something with my full soul into it, I answer it with a typical Indian way of doing it :) that's shaking head lightly up and down for "Yes" and Side to side for "No" and sometimes rotating which doesn't intend Yes or No and then confuse myself and NA with that answer....funny isn't it :)
Cauliflower Thoran / stir fry -  is a typical Mallu way of doing it, a very easy way too.

Here's what you'll need

Cauliflower - 1/2 medium chopped finely
Carrot - 1 medium grated
Coconut - 1/4 to 1/2 cup
Green chili's /Jalapeno's - 2 no's finely chopped (or more as per your preference)
Onion or shallots - 1 medium onion or use 3 to 7
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
salt to taste
Curry leaves - few optional (I didn't use)

Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil or Coconut Oil- 1 Tb Sp

Method 

* Combine all ingredients with a spoon or use hands to rub everything together , keep aside.


* Heat oil in a pan , pop mustard seeds and saute the above ingredients for not more than 7 minutes in medium to high heat.(Stir continuously ) do not add water.


Switch off the heat and serve hot with Rice.



I wanted to make a cake for Soccer Man on Father's day but then as I mentioned , I need to develop the skill of Multitasking... especially when both my people are at home -  time just flies :(
Hope you all enjoyed Father's day weekend :)

Cheers
TN

No comments:

Post a Comment