Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hara Bhara Kabab / Veg Cutlet alteration


I am glad that I sit at home , enjoy every moment I spent in my house, enjoy that freedom of time and mostly enjoy sitting idle but things change when I see a women like me who earns and takes care of her family too, I adore people like "her" I don't think I could do it as I am not that good in multitasking.

Still "Thing change" when I see her sometimes adoration goes to level where it cannot be called the same and be named "Jealousy " and I tell that to " her " ,  I think that is the best way to fight that negative feeling in you , just tell that you are Jealous :)

Otherwise I ruin my happiness , ultimately ruin the happiness of my family too as

A Happy wife = A Happy Life  

Anyways at present I see no sign of hope for me, so I decided to be happy and sometimes "Jealous" of-course ;)  of people who work and enjoy freedom.
BUT I make it a point to tell that to them :)
How's my Idea ????


Doing my best to keep myself busy thinking mostly nonsense's ;)
But some times - really really rarely do my creative sense bloom up,
And most of the time, I try new recipes , which makes me more happy
That's how I tried "Hara Bhara Kabab" - Got the name from my North Indian friend as always, I think that's a common snack but the name not that common in the southern part of India, where we have cutlets instead of Kabab's.

Have recipe for Vegetable Cutlets - Here



Hara Bhara - as its name suggests is a green colored Nutrients packed snack,
as "Hara " in Hindi means "Green" Color.
Here's how I made it

Ingredients


Spinach - 1 Bunch
Green Peas - 1/2 cup or more
Potatoes - 2 No's (medium sized , boiled and mashed)
Green Chili's - 4 No's finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp crushed (or finely chopped)
Garlic - 2 no's crushed (or Finely chopped)
Chaat Masala or else use - Chana Masala  - 1 tsp (use Masala of your choice)
Salt to taste
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
Amchoor Powder / Dry Mango Powder - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Coriander Leaves / Cilantro - few springs finely chopped (Optional)
Vegetable Oil -2 Tbsp (for shallow frying) + 2 Tsp (for the filling)
Cashew nuts -few or one each for each Kababs  (Optional)
Bread Crumbs - 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup (may use Corn Flour or Gram Flour , if using flour use not more than 3 Tbsp )

Method


* Blanch spinach leaves in boiling water for 2 to 3 Minutes till the leaves are soft , then drain and wash these under cold water - this helps'em to retain its color) Squeeze away water from the spinach, chop and keep aside.

* Heat 2 Tsp Oil in a pan, add cumin seeds first then add finely chopped Ginger , Garlic and green chili's, saute for a minute and add green peas, mashed potatoes and chopped (Blanched) Spinach.Saute these till no more water left in the pan , stir Continuously in medium heat.

Was thinking something else while pouring oil :( 

* Add Chat Masala or Chana Masala,Armchoor Powder (If using) , salt to taste and Chopped cilantro/Coriander leaves (If using) , use a masher or any other spoon to mash these nicely. (Make sure there isn't water left in this mixture)


* Switch off the heat , once cooled add bread crumbs to this mixture and nicely mash and shape these to desired shapes , place Cashews in the middle of each Kabab and lightly press'em to tuck it in.




* Heat the rest of the oil ( 2 Tbsp) oil in a flat pan( I used a Dosa Pan ) place each Kabab on the heated pan to lightly cook'em, turn to the other side after (2 minutes approx) in medium heat


* Serve Hot with Tomato sauce or Green Chutney.

 Enjoy a Healthy Snack !


Notes : If Using Gram flour, need to roast this flour, continuously stirring  in medium to low heat for 5 minutes (Approx) till the raw smell of that flour leaves. I had some left over bread so shredded'em, that is easy :) Using bread crumbs or Corn flour or Gram flour helps to bind the Kabab's easily and help keep them in shape. But color does vary , to get that bright Green color, its better to use flour's instead of Bread Crumbs.

Cheers
TN

No comments:

Post a Comment